Whenever a school year ends, another one begins a few months after. If you’re like me, you’re always thinking of new ways you can do better in the upcoming year. Here are a few tips from my book:
(1) STOP PROCRASTINATING.;) I’m a huge procrastinator. I remember once when I had an Information Technology assignment and it wasn’t due until a month. I ended up doing the assignment the day before the due date. I got 80%. Imagine if I used my time wisely, I could of probably gotten 100%. I’m not saying that you have to start the assignment the same day but start at an appropriate time. 👌
(2) STUDYING IS 🔑. I absolutely hate studying. For those of you who don’t know, I’m Jamaican and the school I attend requires me to do a test, project, etc, for each subject I do every month. So as you can see, it’s pretty hard to manage 14-17 subjects every month. The advice I can give you is to study in advance or just read over the notes to familiarize yourself with it. 📒📑📓📕📚📘📙
(3) COME TO SCHOOL EARLY🆗 I’m late for school everyday. I don’t feel like it’s really an issue because I realize that when I’m early I have nothing to do but when I’m late I get straight to the point. I’m still a good student. It’s not like I go to school and not do anything while I’m there because that would be different.
(4) SPEND MORE TIME ON THE SUBJECTS YOU’RE WEAK IN NEXT YEAR. ⏰⌛⏳ My mom always says what I wrote above. I’m a math brain but not for science specifically physics. I’m always avoiding studying for physics because I can’t seem to grasp the concept but I want to do better next year. Just try to do better in you’re weak subjects next year.
(5) START A STUDY GROUP👭👬👫👪📚 This might help you. Get friends that do well in the subjects you’re not doing so well in. The positive is that you might learn but the negative is that you might just end up talking for 2-3 hours but it’s always something to consider.
(6) TRY DIFFERENT STUDYING TECHIQUES. 📚🎧 There is never one way of doing something. You don’t have to do the cliche way of studying which is in silence. I tried studying with music for a while and it helped but it won’t work for everyone. People say that if you listen to Mozart or Beethoven or any other person of the classical era, it opens up your brain. It won’t work for everyone but you can try and you can always research it.
This is the end and if you like my post, feel free to comment or like. 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎 Follow me on instagram at philjyte90.